Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Free, At-Home Workouts

A common email I receive is from people who want sample workouts they can do from the comfort of their homes.

Now I normally go to the gym 4 times per week, but there are some days when I just don't feel like packing that gym bag and heading over there. So I found an alternative.

If you have a digital cable package you probably have "On Demand" TV. These are pre-recorded programs that your cable company allows you to watch when you want.

Most cable companies have some sort of "On Demand" button you can select on your remote and this will bring up the show categories.

Look for "Fitness" or "Exercise" and you'll be pleasantly surprised to find a variety of workout programs you can do right in your home. (I have Time Warner and the channel is called "Exercise TV").

For example I just did a 2-mile walk workout that combined cardio and walking. It was fun, easy and I worked up a nice sweat.

So if you don't have access to a gym or don't feel like making that trip to the gym (especially those of us in the Northern Hemp. who are heading into winter and the days are getting colder and shorter).

Turn on your TV and check for the "On Demand" option, push that coffee table to the side and treat yourself to a fun workout without leaving your home!

No comments: