Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Eat Healthy But My Stomach's Big

Email from Anonymous

I'm a vegetarian. I also eat a lot of fruits and I watch my fat intake. I also have stopped eating late at night but I still have a very protruding stomach I don't exercise like I should (maybe once/month) but my diet is good. How do I get my stomach flatter?

Lisa's Response:

Eating healthy is great but it's only half the battle. You still need to help your body burn fat through exercise in order to get rid of that unwanted fat. You should be exercising (cardio) at least three times per week for 30 minutes or longer.

Also incorporate some abdominal crunches into your routine to tone up your mid section. Just remember, flattening your stomach is a TOTAL body fitness program.

Also be careful with your fruit intake. A lot of people think they can eat as much as they want and it won't harm them, but fruits contain tons of sugar (carbs). Yes, it's natural sugar but it can still cause weight gain or prevent weight loss if you eat too much of it.

No comments: