Saturday, September 10, 2005

Breakfast and Lunch Ideas


Email from Anonymous:

I've put to practice some of your suggestions already. But I am having a little trouble with the whole breakfast and lunch deal. So do you have any suggestions on what is a good lunchtime meal? To be honest, I'm getting a little tired of tuna fish and salad. :-)

Lisa's Response:

Tell me about it! lol Remember to treat yourself a couple of times a week. Unless you are extremely overweight and are on a strict diet you don't want to wear yourself out because you'll run the risk of returning to your bad habits.

Even if you have to cheat just try to stay away from starches/carbs like pasta, white bread, white rice. I know that's hard 'cause those are very popular lunch time foods.

You could do stir fry with brown rice, grilled chicken (lots of protein there), vegetable soups and stews with lean cuts of meat. And if you crave a burger, just take the bun off. The meat isn't as bad for you as the bun....contrary to popular beliefs.

I have a hard time with lunch too because I am used to eating grilled cheese, french fries, burgers, etc. lol Those are fine every once and a while, just remember MODERATION.

Breakfast is easier than lunch in my opinion because there are a lot of stomach friendly options. It also may be because I'm just a breakfast person. Here are some options: egg whites (make a sandwich with whole wheat bread), bowl of oatmeal (add honey and raisins/fruit for flavor), 15/handful almonds (that's almost 300 calories alone and could be used as an entire meal if you want) Drink water with your almonds and you'll fill up and it will last! That's a very good thing to do if you're in a hurry. I keep a can of almonds for those mornings I don't have time to make breakfast. Fruits, low fat yogurt, whole grain cereals with skim milk are also good choices.

Hope that gives you some more options. :)

No comments: