Saturday, September 10, 2005

Raising Metabolism is KEY!

Email from Anonymous:

Hi!

My name is **** and I have recently found that your site is very encouraging and informative. I have recently decided to lose weight and tone up my body. For about two weeks now I have followed the routine of running, weight lifting, and watching my diet. I am 6'2" and weigh about 183lbs.

I'm not overweight by any means but I would like to cut so-called "baby-fat" around my abdominal. In my workouts I usually run for aout 30 min., weight lift for about 1hr and a half three times a week and I'm on a 6-meal high protein diet.

My question is through these efforts will my metabolism rise and will I begin to see toning of my abs, because I know a full blown 6-pack is almost 100% genetic?

Lisa's Response:

First of all, congrats on your workout routine! You're on your way. While six packs may come easier to some, I believe they are attainable for most people if they trim the fat around the middle.

But you MUST do this first. I read somewhere that you need to get your entire body fat percentage down to less than 10% before you six pack starts showing. So if you still have a considerable amount of weight around your mid section, you probably won't begin to see any results until most of the fat is gone.

That's why I stress on my site, Flat-Stomach-Exercises.com, that an ab workout is really a full body workout (which is what you're doing). You can't just trim 30% of your regular weight but expect to lose 90% of your stomach fat.

Yes, your metabolism will definitely begin rising as a result of the cardio workouts (running, walking) In other words your body will burn fat a lot faster and more efficiently. Hopefully that makes sense. Good luck and keep on truckin!

No comments: