Monday, September 12, 2005

How Long to Tone My Stomach?

Email from Anonymous:

I would like to know how long it would take (approx) to tone up my stomach, I feel I eat quite well.

I have about 2-3 glasses of red wine a week and anjoy a good chocolate bar or 2 once a week. and for the last 10 months, I have notice that I have cellulite on my stomach...I find this digusting, and I always bloat and feel 4 months pregnant after I eat a solid meal...was just looking up stomach exercises on the internet and found this site. Any information would be great.

Lisa's Response:

First of all your stomach won't be toned until you go back to the size you were when your stomach was its flattest. It's impossible to tone the stomach without losing weight all over and doing some strength training. You have to do lower back exercises, side bends, side crunches etc. in order to tone up your middle section. Crunches alone won't get it.

You want to go on a low fat diet and add lots of protein (egg whites, baked fish, almonds, lean meats, chicken) and cut out bad starches and carbs such as white breads, potatoes, white rice, etc.

Exercising is another important factor. Jogg/walk at least 4 times a week.

I can't tell you how long it will take to lose your stomach because it depends on your body's metabolism, your current weight, how well you stick to your diet/exercise, etc. There are soooooo many factors that it would be impossible for me to even predict a time for you.

For bloating, drink water - 8 glasses per day. That helps a lot because water aids digestion. You also may want to take a fiber supplement like Metamucil in case you're not regular. Irregularity and indigestion are two things that also cause your stomach to swell a lot!

No comments: